Friday, December 12, 2008

I am a Life Saver!

That's right, I officially became a Blood Donor today. My first time giving blood, and it couldn't have been easier.

Mom left me with the vet and techs, and went out to walk Score (big baby wouldn't potty in the rain). She was waiting in the lobby when I was done, and they brought her into the room where I was. I was having a blast...walking around eating treats and mugging them for more. They told mom that I was really good, that they didn't think I even knew what was going on (there was PEANUT BUTTER). Then they threw some treats into the water bucket, and I amused them by blowing bubbles as I stuck my entire head into the bucket.

I got a new red bandanna that says "Blood donation the humane way." I look quite smashing in it.

This is quite a nice addition to my resume, don't you think? Service Dog, Therapy Dog, Flyball Dog, now Blood Donor.

~SDS: The man of many talents

PS...for more information on giving blood in Maryland and Virginia...check out Eastern Veterinary Blood Bank (EVBB)

No comments: